HERBS FOR HEALTH MANAGEMENT

Herbs are a foundational root in medicine and health treatments, dating back thousands of years throughout every culture around the world. Modern Western herbalism comes from ancient Egypt. The Greeks developed a comprehensive philosophy of herbal medicine by 100 BCE and the Romans built upon it to create a variety of medical practices, some of which are still used today.

….FULL ARTICLE

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE IMPACTS PSYCHOLOGICAL HARDINESS

Psychological hardiness is an individual’s resistance to stress, anxiety and depression. It includes the ability to withstand grief and accept the loss of loved ones. Alternative medicine is a more popular term for health and wellness therapies that have typically not been part of conventional Western medical approaches but are often used along with conventional medicinal protocols.  Coping and dealing with stress in a positive manner play a major role in maintaining the balance needed for health and well-being.

….FULL ARTICLE

ALTERNATIVE REMEDIES FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION

Interest in complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM) is increasing as consumers and health care professionals search for additional ways to treat anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders. Some of these remedies include:

St. John’s Wort.  More than 30 studies show it to be effective for treatment of mild forms of depression,…

….FULL ARTICLE

Use the buttons below to scroll through more great articles on health and wellness issues

MORE ARTICLES

Be Sociable, Share!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Delicious Share on Digg Share on Google Bookmarks Share on LinkedIn Share on LiveJournal Share on Newsvine Share on Reddit Share on Stumble Upon Share on Tumblr

MORE FEATURE ARTICLES

CONTACT INFORMATION

© Health & Wellness Magazine - All rights reserved | Designed and Maintained by Aurora Automations LLC.

MORE FROM ROCKPOINT PUBLISHING

HEALTH & WELLNESS MAGAZINE

HOME | FEATURE ARTICLES | COLUMNS | DIGITAL ISSUES | CALENDAR | RACE RUNNING CALENDAR | ABOUT | CONTACT

subscribe to Health & Wellness



For ultimate protection against robocalls, join the National Do Not Call Registry, managed by the FTC. Go to www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 from the phone you wish to register. If you register on the website be sure to respond to the email verification within 72 hours to complete the registration. It can take up to 31 days to take affect. If you are still receiving robo-calls or telemarketing calls after 31 days of registering, file a complaint with the FTC at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov. Chat assistance is available during business hours if needed.


Sources  


STOP ROBO CALLS!

ANGELA S. HOOVER





Angela is a staff writer for Health & Wellness magazine.

blocking app Truecaller, which also reported an average loss of $244 per victim. Spoofing caller IDs – when robocallers use numbers similar to that of the person they’re calling so they appear more trustworthy – makes it easier for scammers to dupe individuals. Enterprise spoofing occurs when robocallers imitate a business or government entity on caller ID. Victims of these scams report the callers knew their home address, usernames, passwords and even their Social Security number.


Tips To Stop Robocalls


Robocalls are automated voice messages. About 60 percent are legitimate and purely informational – such as pharmacy, delivery or appointment confirmations. But the other 40 percent are from telemarketers and scammers.


Robocalls are the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) No. 1 consumer complaint, increasing 165 percent from 2014 to 2017. Americans received 4.4 billion robocalls during June 2019, averaging 1,700 calls a second or about 13 calls per person, according to YouMail, a robocall management company. Kentucky received 46.7 million calls during that same month. More than 48 billion calls were made in 2019, according to YouMail’s year-end report.


These calls can be sent to thousands of phones at once. Since the technology to deploy them is cheap, easy to operate and lucrative for scammers, robocalls are expected to increase.


YouMail’s data shows the majority of robocalls originate from five states, including Florida and California, as well as Costa Rica, Guatemala, India, Mexico and the Philippines. The scams are surprisingly effective. From 3 percent to 5 percent of individuals respond to the calls, especially those from the 50 to 100 million fake IRS messages, sometimes sending scammers thousands of dollars. One in six Americans fell prey to scams, according to a study by robocall